F. Jerome O’Malley
Jerome (Jerry) practices primarily in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury & Wrongful Death, Criminal Defense, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Employment Law, Liquor Licensing, Gaming Law, Medicaid Revenue Recovery, Medicaid Audit & Compliance Services and Workers’ Compensation Revenue Recovery.
Jerry served with the Chief State’s Attorney’s Office in Connecticut for five years prior to joining the firm in 1983. While there, he was principally responsible for prosecuting white-collar crimes. He has successfully argued before the Appellate and Supreme Courts of Connecticut, tried numerous cases in state and federal court and has defended clients before state agencies in regulatory proceedings, including the Department of Labor, Department of Revenue Services and Department of Consumer Protection.
In addition, Jerry has extensive experience in the mediation and arbitration of disputes, ranging from employment discrimination and intellectual property matters to uninsured motorists and construction claims.
University of Connecticut Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1978
College of the Holy Cross, B.A., cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa, 1975
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Connecticut Super Lawyers under the primary practice areas of General Litigation, Appellate and Civil Litigation, 2006
- “Local Litigation Star,” in areas of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death, by Benchmark Plaintiff, 2012
Residing in Mystic, Jerry has served as President of the Mystic Community Center. He also was on the Board of Directors for the Mystic Marine Life Aquarium, the American Heart Association and the Stonington Charter Commission. From 1994-2006, Jerry served as New London County Co-Chair for Connecticut Legal Services’ annual Campaign for Justice fundraiser. This campaign is the principal fundraiser for Connecticut Legal Services, which allows the organization to continue providing free legal service to those in need. Jerry also campaigned annually on behalf of the Ocean Community YMCA in support of its programs fundraiser and regularly provides pro bono advice to social service non-profit organizations.
Professional Memberships & Associations
- New London County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Connecticut Superior Court
- Mashantucket and Mohegan Tribal Courts