Joseph J. Selinger
Joe practices primarily in the areas of Public Finance, Corporate Finance & Securities, Business Organizations, Real Estate Transactions, Medicaid Audit & Compliance Services, Estate Planning & Probate, Tax Matters and Non-Profits.
Prior to joining the firm in 1987, Joe was general counsel to the real estate securities program at Phoenix Mutual Life Insurance Co. Today, he continues to be involved in and responsible for various corporate, securities, loan and real estate transactions, including: public and private securities offerings; commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, including “1031 Exchanges,” mortgage loan transactions and workouts and mergers and acquisitions. Joe also represents public entities as bond counsel in the issuance of municipal bonds, and serves as borrower’s or underwriter’s counsel.
Joe was a member of the Connecticut Bar Association drafting committee that reviewed, revised and recommended the model uniform limited liability company act for enactment, which became effective on July 1, 2017. Joe had primary responsibility for the review and revisions to Article III of the revised act.
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1978
Amherst College, B.A., 1974
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Connecticut Super Lawyers under the primary practice areas of Business/Corporate, Government Finance and Real Estate, 2006
- Public Service Award, Connecticut Secretary of State, 2003
￼Joe and his wife Noreen have resided in Stonington for nearly thirty years. Joe is currently the President of the New London County Historical Society and a member of the Board of Directors for the Mystic Art Association. He was a member of the Connecticut Law Review Commission from 1993 to 2003. Joe is a past President, Treasurer and Director of the Mystic Chamber of Commerce. He also served on the Social Studies Curriculum Renewal Committee for the Stonington, Connecticut School System.
Professional Memberships & Associations
- New London County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Committee on Business Organizations
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member of the drafting committee for the Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act
- Connecticut Superior Court